"It’s a shameful thing" LGBTQ Rights advocate Pamela Adie condemns celebrities who apologize for their homophobic behaviors for their benefits



Pamela Adie has criticized Simi and other celebrities who apologize for their homophobic behavior or comments for selfish reasons.

 

The LGBTQ Rights advocate said it is shameful. She added that members of the LGBTQ community are not toys that celebrities can use to benefit from projects that are good for their image.

 

She wrote: "There seems to be a trend of people “apologizing” for homophobic behavior/comments just in time to benefit from participating in things or projects that are good for their image. It’s a shameful thing. So, I understand how some may see Simi's apology as one of these tactics.

 

"The truth is that we’re sick of homophobes using proximity to the community to further their careers and relevance. We’re not toys. Our feelings are real and our lives matter. It needs to stop. I respect organizations that listen and take action; like Quazar."





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#BBNaija: Ozo is someone I can date if reconciliation with my boyfriend doesn't work - Nengi (video)

New Music: Cuppy feat. Stonebwoy – Karma

Two confirmed dead and many properties razed as gas explosion rocks Ajao estate in Lagos (photos/video)

AUDO & VIDEO PREMIERE : TERRY G - OMO DADA [ PROD. BY HELUMINATEE]

(ALBUM UPDATE) BUGZY DVINCI @BUGZYDVINCI - TELL BILLBOARD I'M COMING

Many of you wrote me off when I lost everything I worked for last year - Actress Funmi Awelewa slams her colleagues tagging her in the WSW challenge

Nigerians react after Erica and Kiddwaya seemed to be having sex (Video)