Russian powerlifter breaks both knees as attempt to squat 400kg goes horribly wrong in terrifying video

 Russian powerlifter breaks both knees as attempt to squat 400kg goes horribly wrong in terrifying video


The Russian powerlifting champion fractured both of his knees while attempting to squat 400kg (880lb). 

 

Defending champion Alexander Sedykh was competing in the World Raw Powerlifting Federation (WRPF) European Championships near Moscow when the terrifying incident occurred.

 

In the shocking video, Sedykh's legs can be seen shaking after holding the weight on his shoulders. As he prepares for the squat with the enormous weight, both of his knees buckled horribly, and he cried out in anguish.


He fractured both his knees in the incident and also ruptured his quadriceps muscles. 

 

Sedykh was rushed to the hospital, where he underwent emergency surgery on his legs.

 

The powerlifting champion, who must now learn how to walk again said: “The main thing is that I must lie motionless in bed for two months.”

 

“Then I’ll be taught how to walk again. It’ll take time to recuperate. I’ve had my quadriceps resewn and my knees put back together.”



 

Sedykh also said he will continue his weightlifting career.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#BBNaija: Ozo is someone I can date if reconciliation with my boyfriend doesn't work - Nengi (video)

New Music: Cuppy feat. Stonebwoy – Karma

Two confirmed dead and many properties razed as gas explosion rocks Ajao estate in Lagos (photos/video)

AUDO & VIDEO PREMIERE : TERRY G - OMO DADA [ PROD. BY HELUMINATEE]

(ALBUM UPDATE) BUGZY DVINCI @BUGZYDVINCI - TELL BILLBOARD I'M COMING

Many of you wrote me off when I lost everything I worked for last year - Actress Funmi Awelewa slams her colleagues tagging her in the WSW challenge

Nigerians react after Erica and Kiddwaya seemed to be having sex (Video)