Benue rejects FG's rice donation, says the rice deliveries has expired



Three trailers load of rice donated by the Federal Government through the Ministry for Humanitarian Affairs as COVID-19 palliatives, has been rejected by the Benue State Government. 

 

Chairman of the State Emergency Committee on COVID-19 and Deputy Governor Benson Abounu said the rice deliveries have expired and are no longer fit for human consumption. 

 

The Deputy Governor further disclosed that even though the bags of rice had been taken to the three senatorial zones, the government has decided to return them to the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs.

 

Abounu said; 


“Government cannot afford to risk the health of its citizens by giving them expired rice to eat."

He also revealed that the state government spent about N2 million to purchase the bags of rice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#BBNaija: Ozo is someone I can date if reconciliation with my boyfriend doesn't work - Nengi (video)

Two confirmed dead and many properties razed as gas explosion rocks Ajao estate in Lagos (photos/video)

FG reciprocates, bans EU flights from entering Nigeria

DJ Tunez ft. Wizkid – Cool Me Down

(ALBUM UPDATE) BUGZY DVINCI @BUGZYDVINCI - TELL BILLBOARD I'M COMING

Many of you wrote me off when I lost everything I worked for last year - Actress Funmi Awelewa slams her colleagues tagging her in the WSW challenge