Mamman Daura denies reports he dictates to President Buhari



One of the close associates of President Buhari, Mamman Daura, has denied claims he dictates to President Buhari on how to preside over the affairs of the country.

 

Since President Buhari assumed office in 2015, there have been reports that Daura is a strong member of the alleged cabal that controls the Buhari-led administration and dictates to the President.

 

However, in an interview with BBC Hausa today Tuesday, July 28, Daura said he only advises President Buhari but does not impose his thoughts on the President
 

 

When asked about his relationship with President Buhari, he said the President is his uncle.


” My father was their mother’s firstborn. Buhari is the last born,” he said.


 

When reminded that people had said he and Buhari grew up together and had always been together, he said ” yes…..it’s true.” he responded

 

Responding to a question inquiring on whether he has been meeting President Buhari to give him advice on different issues concerning Nigeria, Mamman responded


“Yes, I do visit him to greet him. I do give him advice, but if he asked…I advise him. But I don’t go there on my own and insist I must do this or that. No. You don’t do that to the government.”


Commenting on the clamor for power rotation, he said it is high time the country unite and go for the most competent.


“This turn by turn, it was done once, it was done twice, it was done trice… It is better for this country to be one…it should be for the most competent and not for someone who comes from somewhere,” he said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#BBNaija: Ozo is someone I can date if reconciliation with my boyfriend doesn't work - Nengi (video)

New Music: Cuppy feat. Stonebwoy – Karma

Di'Ja - Yaraye Iye

Two confirmed dead and many properties razed as gas explosion rocks Ajao estate in Lagos (photos/video)

UPDATE: STRANDED NIGERIAN LADIES RESCUED BY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IN LEBANON

AUDO & VIDEO PREMIERE : TERRY G - OMO DADA [ PROD. BY HELUMINATEE]

Many of you wrote me off when I lost everything I worked for last year - Actress Funmi Awelewa slams her colleagues tagging her in the WSW challenge